This creamy, slightly nutty Vegan Spinach Dip has a hint of lemon, basil, and garlic which makes it a perfect accompaniment with raw veggies, toasted bread or crackers at your next party.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup packed roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- zest from one medium size lemon
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
Soak raw cashews in 3 cups of hot water for 2 to 3 hours. This softens the nuts for processing.
Drain cashews put in a food processor. Add 1/4 cup of almond milk and olive oil. Process for several minutes stopping every minute to scrape sides of the bowl. If the mixture is not creaming well, add more almond milk, a tablespoon at a time.
Add nutritional yeast, spinach, basil, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, oregano, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Process for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is creamy and smooth.
Serve with raw veggies, toasted bread, crackers or chips.
Keywords: vegan spinach dip