Sweet & Spicy Roasted Cashews are a delightful appetizer, snack or gift to give that is quick and easy to make. The best part is these cashew nuts are good for you, gluten-free and vegan.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 4 teaspoons butter flavored coconut oil melted and warmed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne red pepper ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped and divided
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a mixing bowl add the raw cashews, warmed coconut oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cayenne pepper, and 1 tablespoon rosemary, whisk well. Then toss over nuts and stir until they are evenly coated with mixture.
- Roast nuts on a parchment paper lined sheet pan for about 10 minutes, stirring and turning pan 1/2 way through roasting. Then roast for another 7 minutes or until golden brown. I set my timer and checked them every minute until they were brown and caramelized. Be careful they can go from golden to dark fast!
- Immediately after removing the cashew nuts from oven, sprinkle with remaining salt and fresh rosemary. Allow to cool one minute then give them a stir. Allow to cool another minute or so and then lift the parchment paper with the nuts on it and break apart any nuts sticking together.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Store in a covered container for up to a week.
Keywords: roasted cashews