Instant Pot Lentil Dal is quick, easy to make and it is full of sweet plant-based Indian flavors your whole family will enjoy. With the Instant Pot, you can have a healthy meal in less than 45 minutes that is full delicious Indian flavors such as sweet creamy coconut, ginger, cumin, and turmeric.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 2 cup dried yellow lentils
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 – 15-ounce can coconut milk with cream
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 dates chopped for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for topping
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Place Instant Pot on sautee, add the coconut oil and garlic. Sautee for 1 minute. Stir in the cumin and turmeric, sautee for one minute, continually stirring.
Add the fresh ginger, salt, lentils, cayenne, coconut milk, and vegetable broth.
Lock the pressure cooker lid in place. Set Instant Pot to pressure on high for 15 minutes. When done, allow the pressure to release for about 10 minutes during which time, the lentil dal will continue to cook. At 10 minutes, release any remaining pressure.
Can be served over basmati rice and top with chopped dates, coconut and cilantro
Keywords: Lentil Dal