Simple to make hearty vegetable chowder gives you a delicious and satisfying meal that’s full of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It takes less than 30 minutes to make, can be made ahead and gives you yummy leftovers to pack in your lunch the next day.
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 cups peeled and diced yellow potatoes
2 cups peeled and diced carrots
6 cups vegetable broth
1 16 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon each, pink Himalayan salt and black pepper
- Cook on medium heat the onions, garlic and celery in 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth in a medium stock pot for about 5 minutes. Add more broth if needed so it’s doesn’t stick.
- Add the oregano and thyme, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Transfer about 1/2 the chowder to a blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Return pureed chowder to the original pot of chowder stirring together to creat a creamy chowder.