Asian Noodles Lao Gan Ma is absolutely the best Asian noodle recipe I have ever tried, better than takeout or even some fancy restaurant. The dish has layers of sweet spicy flavors that develop a sauce that you will be willing to lick the pan for.
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1½ tablespoons of Laoganma (Lao Gan Ma) Spicy Chili Crisp or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- 200 grams dried rice noodles
- 2 cups largely chopped bok choy
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Toast sesame seeds in a 350-degree oven for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Next, prepare the sauce in a large bowl by mixing together the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese black vinegar, scallion, ginger, garlic, Laoganma (Lao Gan Ma) Spicy Chili Crisp , sesame oil, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan using medium heat, and fry the peanuts for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring every minute or so until cooked through. Drizzle the hot oil and cashews into the sauce base.
- Soak and then boil the rice noodles per package instructions. Once the rice noodles are a minute away from done, add in the bok choy to blanch. Cook for the remaining minute, and then drain the noodles. Pour the sauce base over the noodles, stir to combine, and top with chopped cilantro.