In June of 2016, I was diagnosed with stage IIIb colon cancer. The doctor stated that the tumor was the size of a large lemon. As a homeschooling mom of 6 children, my life drastically changed at that moment.
The journey of beating cancer was about to change how I was able to take care of my family.
Being a mom was part of my identity and now I was afraid of being to sick to care for anyone but myself.
I struggled with choosing a treatment plan. I immediately started researching what my options were to beat colon cancer. I was drawn to using the plants and herbs God has put on this earth that might help. I started reading all the negative things chemo and radiation can do to your body and became frightened.
After much prayer asking God to show me the direction, I should take for my treatments I decided to go with a conventional treatment plan of radiation, chemo, and surgery.
However, God strongly impressed on my mind to fully knock this cancer out I needed to radically changed my diet and use every natural non-toxic therapy I could find that would complement my conventional treatments.
I was hitting cancer from both sides of the treatment perspectives.
I just had my 2 year scans and got the all clear once again, my remission continues by God’s grace. He has more work for me to do.
You probably have come to my site because you have one of these needs.
- You are a mom who is on a healing journey with a disease such as cancer, SIBO, IBS, diabetes, or heart disease that needs a community to help you through treatments and thrive right into remission.
- You want to find support in transforming your health using a plant-based diet.
- You need spiritual encouragement as a mom healing from a disease such as cancer, SIBO, IBS, diabetes, or heart disease.
Whatever the reason, I hope that I can help you. I know from experience that healing from cancer can take all a mom has yet you want to love and care for your family well through the treatments. Life is short and we want to live and love well.
There is no magic pill, no new fancy treatment, we must bear through the treatments and change how we care for our bodies. However, it does not mean our whole life has to change, only parts and only for a time.
As a mother who beat cancer, I want to share with you what I learned through the journey of healing while loving my family and fighting to win the battle of cancer that raged in my body.
I do want to share with you that I am currently battling SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). I have had chronic pain for the past two years since my ileostomy reversal. So much so, that many of my months have been mostly sitting in a chair or running to the bathroom. I have not eaten in front of anyone but my family for the past 2 years. I have seen countless doctors, gone through 60 hyperbaric chamber treatments, tried a hand’s length list of drugs, acupuncture, pelvic floor therapy, and chiropractors.
I am hopeful that now that I have a diagnosis the new drug therapy will be the answer to my gut problems and my life will return to a new normal that includes eating out with friends and family. I will keep you all posted.
My 5 main goals for this site are:
- I encourage you how to love others well even through your pain.
- I will teach you about eating a healthy plant-based diet and help you understand why it is an important part of fighting disease.
- I will help guide you in ways to give self-care which can make it easier for you to take care of your family while on your healing journey.
- For you to become part of a community of moms just like yourself that understands the challenges that go along with healing from disease and taking care of a family at the same time.
- Build your relationship with the Lord through your time of healing.