In June of 2016, I was diagnosed with stage IIIb colon cancer. The doctor stated that the tumor was the size of a large lemon. As a homeschooling mom of 6 children, my life drastically changed at that moment.
The journey of beating cancer was about to change how I was able to take care of my family.
Being a mom was part of my identity and now I was afraid of being to sick to care for anyone but myself.
I struggled with choosing a treatment plan. I immediately started researching what my options were to beat colon cancer. I was drawn to using the plants and herbs God has put on this earth that might help. I started reading all the negative things chemo and radiation can do to your body and became frightened.
After much prayer asking God to show me the direction, I should take for my treatments I decided to go with a conventional treatment plan of radiation, chemo, and surgery.
However, God strongly impressed on my mind to fully knock this cancer out I needed to radically changed my diet and use every natural non-toxic therapy I could find that would complement my conventional treatments.
I was hitting cancer from both sides of the treatment perspectives.
I just had my 2 year scans and got the all clear once again, my remission continues by God’s grace. He has more work for me to do.
You probably have come to my site because you have one of these needs.
- You are a mom diagnosed with cancer and need a community to help you through treatments.
- You want to find support in transforming your health using a plant-based diet.
- You need spiritual encouragement as a mom going through cancer treatments.
Whatever the reason, I hope that I can help you. I know healing from cancer can take all a mom has yet you want to love and care for your family well through the treatments. Life is short and we want to live and love well.
There is no magic pill, no new fancy treatment, we must bear through the treatments. However, it does not mean our whole life has to change, only parts and only for a time.
As a mother who beat cancer, I want to share with you what I learned through the journey of healing while loving my family and fighting to win the battle of cancer that raged in my body.
My 5 main goals for this site are:
- I encourage you how to love others well even through your pain.
- I will teach you about eating a healthy plant based diet and help you understand why it is an important part of fighting cancer.
- I will help guide you in ways to give self-care which can make it easier for you to take care of your family.
- For you to become part of a community of moms just like yourself that understands the challenges of having cancer and taking care of a family at the same time.
- Build your relationship with the Lord through your time of healing.